Topics covered in this course include;
- The coffee roasting process explained – learn Fresh Air Roasting one coffee bean at a time
- Constructing the Roasting Profile – with the elegant simplicity of Chinook’s coffee roasting profiles
- Green coffee overview & selection – evaluating Arabica, Robusta, location, altitude, etc.
- Testing the moisture content of green coffee beans – to understand what we’re roasting
- Genesis of the first coffee roasting batch – see how the first batch can taste great
- Accurately test the roasted coffee – with a special light meter
- Taste my roasted coffee – the best coffee is the coffee you like the best
- Tuning roasting parameters for the next batch – Digital measurement provides coffee roasting control and consistency
- Update my CV – I’m now a coffee roaster
In this coffee roasting course, you will:
- learn to roast coffee
- Have your choice of our many single-origin specialty-grade coffees
- Next, learn how to roast coffee using the Chinook computer-controlled fresh-air coffee roaster
- Finally, analyse your roasted coffee results using our near-infrared coffee roast analyser
- Then, take your coffee home and enjoy
- A record of your coffee roasting process will allow you to return and roast another batch with identical results
- Or you can easily roast the coffee a little darker or lighter by varying the digital recipe.
Course typically will go for 2+ hours, start time as indicated.