Once purchased you will receive a unique code which can be redeemed for our “Introduction to coffee roasting” course on a date of the recipients choosing.
In the checkout screen you also have the option to send it directly or receive it to your email.
What will they learn?
This course will have the attendee;
- Select the green coffee for roasting from our large variety of specialty-grade single-origin coffees.
- Roasting coffee on our Chinook, Piccolo 3kg fresh air fluidized bed roaster.
- Roasting coffee on our Chinook 1/2 bag production roaster.
- Analyzing the inside/outside coffee bean roast level using our near-infrared roast analyser.
During our course, we cover the following topics;
- The roasting process explained – Fresh air fluidized bed roaster accurately & consistently roasts each coffee bean
- Informing the Roasting Profile – Settings that determine roasting behaviour & desired flavour development
- Green coffee overview & selection – Arabica, Robusta, location, altitude, etc.
- Genesis of the first roasting batch – No warm-up required to achieve first batch roasting accuracy
- Accurately test the roast result – Using the near-infrared coffee bean roast analyser
- Taste my roasted coffee – Then alter the roasting recipe parameters to fine-tune the resulting flavour
- Tuning roasting parameters for the next batch – Tweaking the settings to adjust roasting behaviour & alter the resulting flavour
- Update my CV – I’m now a coffee roaster